Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Brassy Christmas

Dear Conrad,

Your first concert was a Christmas concert put on by the various brass ensembles of Mizzou.


The  uniform for the event was an "ugly Christmas sweater" and slacks. I created ugly sweaters for both of the Christmas concerts your dad performed in while he was getting his master's. This is was 2012's looked like:

He was always so proud of his ugly sweaters.
Of course, I gave you mismatched socks for the event. It was only fitting.


You sat through the entire concert so patiently. You were such a quiet newborn. And still pretty tiny too.


I miss the beautiful churches that were in Columbia. Someday, when you can remember them, I hope I can bring you back to this wonderful city. It was the best place I ever lived.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment