Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Holiday Hustle and Bustle

Dear Conrad,

Christmas is such a busy time, so the time between your second and third month of life is like one big blur.

Taking care of you was really difficult during this time because suddenly my back revolted against me. When I would bend over to pick you up (and especially when I bent over to put you in your cradle) I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't cry out in pain. It was awful ... like being in labor all over again, but the pain was constant instead of wave-like.

You were a such a serious newborn. The few times we had seen Ryker he was all smiles (when he wasn't crying) which made you look extra-surly, but you started giving us little grins from time to time by this point.

We gave you the unfortunate-but-hilarious nickname of "Toots McGee" around this time. You were pretty gassy to begin with, but particularly when you'd stretch you'd pass gas loudly. That'll probably clear up ... eventually.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment